Sunday, September 9, 2007

Kris & Lawrence - a personal project

She sat on the other side of the classroom because her name started with 'Z' & I of course, was at the front having a 'B' last name. I thought she looked mysterious & unique with her tangle of long blonde hair, heavy gold eyeshadow & oversize baggy cable knit sweater. I shadowed her for 3 blocks before working up the nerve to approach on the walk to the busstop that first day of Grade 10. Alphabetically we were opposites, but within those last few blocks to the bus we became best friends. Kris & I have known each other through many, many changes & have lived our lives vicariously through each others (usually opposite) life choices. She is a wonderfully independant free spirited soul who lives her life to the fullest each day, an exceptionally generous & unique 'fairy god-mother' to our 2 daughters & has unfalteringly supported every decision I've made (whether she agreed with it or not) & never once said 'I told you so'. When I was lamenting to her my desire to shoot a bride & groom in the water, laying in a field, on the ground, in a deserted building, something out side the traditional wedding 'box' she unhesitantly volunteered. Lawrence (being the love of her life) was volunteered for the desireable part of the groom. Thank you Kris for being cold & wet for me and somehow still looking gorgeous & thank you for wearing a dress (which she NEVER does) & most of all thank you for NOT wearing the gold eyeshadow (wise choice to leave it in the 80's) ;).








4 comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Hi Trish & Matt,
I love the blog, what a great way to show your work! The pictures are fantastic, I love the underwater dress shot! Thank you again, for creating such wonderful memories of our wedding day - everyone loves our photos.

Cheers! Mick & Tracy
(sorry deleted the first post - I noticed a spelling mistake..oops!)

Unknown said...

Huge Wow! i love this set the best- you never cease to amaze me!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT, FABULOUS PHOTOS. I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE UNDER WATER SHOT! KRIS IS STILL AS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER.
MMN