Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Big things!

First of all, very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All. What an amazing year we’ve had & are super excited to see what 2008 brings.

Our office is currently closed as we enjoy some much needed family time over Christmas. Then we are off to Tampa Bay, Florida for an excitng photography seminar to learn from some of the top wedding photographers in the world. We will be back to work Jan.11 & looking forward to tackling a new year.

Big news for us at f.8 photography....we have a studio space! It is in our neighbourhood (Ramsay) & is a very modern, cool space which we are excited about starting to use. The address is 1043 - 19 Ave SE - a very unusual red & aluminum building that is also home to the architects Smith & Co. We will be holding meetings, print & album pick ups & even doing some shooting in there. We have loved the personal feeling of having our clients come to our home but as our 2 little girls grow & our business grows we felt it was time to separate the two a bit.

I also wanted to share a New Year’s Goal I’ve set for myself. I usually am totally against these things as I feel you are set up to fail & I prefer to set goals as they present themselves in my life rather than on a specific pre-determined day. That aside, my goal is to keep up more with the blogging. I really enjoy sharing my client experiences & the love of our photography careers so I am aiming for blogging twice a month. Hold me to it & let me know if I’m falling behind.

So, we’re off to Tampa to be photography sponges & deliver an even more inspired experience to our clients. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well here is the first comment. I think it's great to keep up with a blog, letting clients and friends know what is new and exciting in your life. I'm proud of you both for making and taking time to improve yourselves and your business, which I think is fantastic.

Enjoy your trip to Florida. I look forward to hearing what you have learned.

Do you have set hours yet for the studio? When can we come look?!

AZ

Erica Clements, Photographer said...

Wait who are you again? I don't know how I ended up on this site, but heck I'll comment anyway!

I'm totaly kidding!! It was so great to meet the both of you at the DWF Convention. I hope you were able to make it to our suggestions of places to visit in Tampa without getting lost.